About Me

My photo
Live it up Laugh it out Drink it down Life is short ! Have Fun !

Monday, July 02, 2007

When it rains

Today is the 2nd of July 2007.
I get points for just getting through the day.
Today.
I get points for just breathing in and out - few times each minute - until one minute passes and then the other.
I waited all day for classes to get over - only to head to the library to read the marketing case.
I knew from the last class that the case was about contact lenses for chicken.
In the elevator to the library - I am thinking ..well..atleast someone came up with something good that the poor hens can see better.

Who was I kidding?

The case was about a company that came up with opaque contact lenses to "blind" the chickens so that they didnt peck and fight with each other.
Thats not all - the other option is to "debeak" them so that they dont fight with each other. Some half crazy person takes a knife and heats it and debeaks these poor birds.
The lens is supposed to be better as it prevents trauma . Trauma ..not because someones concerned about the birds ..trauma being bad ..because traumatised hens lay less eggs.

This has been the longest day of the year.
I cant wait for it to get over.
They say that things have to get far far far worse before they actually start getting better.
I dont have an option but to believe that.
So I'm going to.
I'm going to get through today and tomorrow and every day of the week ..
Meanwhile - maybe someone will come up with a lens to improve my world view.
Amen.

2 comments:

dua said...

sending a big warm hug to kaumudi! hang in there, girl. we miss you.

Ravish said...

You do not need a lens...you world view is quite clear..

Cheers,