This post is my dedication to all my super rocking girlfriends - who inspite of getting the short hand of life sometimes and being burnt - still believe relentlessly and faithfully in love and its mysteries.
Who still try to understand the mythical creatures that men are and try to convince themselves that there is logic and hope in this for all of us.
Who wake up everyday thinking that today might be the day they fall in love - who still wear mascara only to improve their world view and paint their toenails waiting for the day they might get to run barefoot in the grass around a tree - karan joahresque.
who crash and Burn and make complete fools of ourselves - but then wake up the next day and its a brand new day - a brand new fool.
Who sit patiently while guys around us make stupid statements like "there no pretty girls around" ..or look at a zero % body fat girl and say .."hmm ..she's kinda chunky" (makes us wonder where we would be on that rating)..and be supportive and friendly ..only to hear things like "I'm too busy" .."Its not that I'm insensitive ..I just dont care" ...lol!!..
But still we hold on - thinking that somewhere somehow ..Love Actually does exist.
But between you and me while it still eludes us -...lets go shopping instead. Retail Therapy might be more reliable than a heart with an arrow in it.:)
For my girlfriends..
:)
My list of top 10 mushy tear jerking "music in my heart i bore long after it was heard no more" lovey dovey moments EVER !
The best ever!
1.Bridget Jones Diary
" I mean you seem to go out of your way to make me feel like a complete idiot every time I see you. And you really needn't bother. I already feel like an idiot most of the time anyway."
2.Kate Winslet -Jack Black in Holiday
"I understand feeling as small and as insignificant as humanly possible. And how it can actually ache in places you didn't know you had inside you. And it doesn't matter how many new haircuts you get, or gyms you join, or how many glasses of Chardonnay you drink with your girlfriends... you still go to bed every night going over every detail and wonder what you did wrong or how you could have misunderstood. And how in the hell for that brief moment you could think that you were that happy. And sometimes you can even convince yourself that he'll see the light and show up at your door. And after all that, however long all that may be, you'll go somewhere new. And you'll meet people who make you feel worthwhile again. And little pieces of your soul will finally come back. And all that fuzzy stuff, those years of your life that you wasted, that will eventually begin to fade. "
3.Meredith to Derek : Greys Anatomy Season2
"your choice, it's simple her or me. And I'm sure she's really great . . . but i love you in a really really big pretend to like your music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold radio over my head outside your window . . . so pick me, choose me, love me." "
4.Carrie Bradshaw :Sex and the City
"Despite the fact that there are over eight million people on the island of Manhattan, there are times you still feel shipwrecked and alone. Times even the most resourceful survivor would feel the need to put a message in a bottle, or on an answering machine."
5.Love Actually
"Without Hope or Agenda - To me you are perfect"
6.Ally Mcbeal
"The idea that when people come together, they stay together. I have to take that with me when I'm going to bed at night, Even if I'm going to bed alone."
7.You've got mail
"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, not small, but valuable. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void."
8.When Harry met Sally
"I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
9. An Affair to Remember
"Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories... And we've already missed the spring!"
10.Cacablanca
"I love you so much. I hate war so much.
With the whole world crumbling, we pick this time to fall in love.
Yeah, it's pretty bad timing. Where were you, say, ten years ago?
I remember - The Germans wore grey. You wore blue"

5 comments:
wooow..thats a pretty big compilation...quite some time spent on this!
some of them are nice and vivid..strange that i do remember the carried bradshaw one and the you have got mail one!!
yeah, i know they are meant for ur girlfriends!! :)
:)
nothin comes to my mind xcept one..which is one of my all time favs..its not xactly mushy..but a very intense one..
from the movie dil chaahta hai, when AK and PZ run towards the train and AK manages to get in and PZ cannot and the 5 secs following that...such an intense scene!!
sometime i will write a post on all of my favs!!
would like to add one:
Girl Next Door
"Matthew: Moral fiber. So, what is moral fiber? It's funny; I used to think it was always telling the truth, doing good deeds, basically
[Mumbling]
Matthew: Being a f***ing boy scout. But lately I've been seeing it differently. Now, I think moral fiber's about finding that one thing you really care about. That, one special thing, that means more to you than anything else in the world. And when you find her, you fight for her. You risk it all; you put her in front of everything, your life, all of it. And maybe the stuff you do to help her isn't so clean. You know what? It doesn't matter. Because in your heart you know, that the juice is worth the squeeze. That's what moral fiber's all about."
Cheers!!
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind.
Clementine: Too many guys think I'm a concept, or I complete them, or I'm gonna make them alive. But I'm just a fucked-up girl who's lookin' for my own piece of mind; don't assign me yours.
Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf?
Martha: George, my husband... George, who is out somewhere there in the dark, who is good to me - whom I revile, who can keep learning the games we play as quickly as I can change them. Who can make me happy and I do not wish to be happy. Yes, I do wish to be happy. George and Martha: Sad, sad, sad. Whom I will not forgive for having come to rest; for having seen me and having said: yes, this will do.
:)..nice post..
Before Sunset..
Celine (to Jesse): The concept is absurd. The idea that we can only be complete with another person is evil! Right?
Again 'Before sunset'..
Jesse: You want to know why I wrote that stupid book?
Celine: Why?
Jesse: So that you might come to a reading in Paris and I could walk up to you and ask, "Where the fuck were you?"
Post a Comment