Whats the happy ending in your life ?
Whats the happy ending in your life right now ?
For some of us - its getting into a dream school...acing an exam .. keeping good health.
For others - its nailing that perfect job...or finding that perfect apartment... or having a baby.
For many - its finding love...For others - its keeping love ..after finding it.
The truth is - we are built to go into iterative loops in this quest for the happy ending.
Yeh Dil mange more !
It's said that when we get our happy ending ofcourse depends on where we want our story to stop.
My reality is that any goal or dream I have set or had in my life, has been a way to give some sense of direction to my life and time. Achieving it precisely - has never resulted in exact happiness or comfort. Its the people I've met along the way, the hurdles I've had to jump and the growth that has come from many gut wrenching moments that has given me personal satisfaction and peace worthy of a happy ending.
My life has been more about not knowing and falling down but not staying down and having to constantly change - the way I feel, the way I think and having to just carpe diem and take on the fleeting minute.
Maybe there is no such thing as a tangible happy ending.
Maybe the happy ending ..is when I can go to bed at night ..after the worst day of my life when bitterness, darkness and anguish are knocking at my door .. when my carefully constructed dream lies shattered, my life plans just as crumpled as my fickle blanket ..
Maybe the happy ending is that even at that precise moment - I can take a deep breath and have faith. Not in the person at the other end of the phone. Not in love of my life. Not in the plan. Not in the dream. Not in my job or the economy.
But have faith ...in ME.
Faith - that no matter how things go down - I will survive and I will get through this and I will find a way out of whatever situation I am in and find balance and be happy.
Maybe - thats the happy ending.
It may not seem like much - but I'll take it for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment