About Me

My photo
Live it up Laugh it out Drink it down Life is short ! Have Fun !

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Maggi Hot and Sweet Tomato Chilli Ketchup

"Maggi Hot and Sweet Tomato Chill Ketchup - Its different "
Ad Quote that represents majority of my teenage TV watching experience
Bright and early this morning, a day before Santa comes to town, I was reading on NY times as I love to ..when I came across something totally random.
Apparantly there is a website called Dressregistry.com that socialites and actresses and politicos in the US love to frequent. Basically - you can register an event that you will attend and a dress that you will wear to that event. Its anonymous. Now others like you, who also will be attending that event or others - can look and decide to wear Valentino instead of Chanel .. because you already called that one ...
You can list the UPC code of your dress too. (Incase you've just bought it .. like really .. In times of deep recession .. an impulse Chanel dress purchase would hardly qualify for a public web post ....yeah yeah .. I know the webiste allows anonymous posts ..but anyone visiting the website and then attending the gala would know right ? ... evil evil ways of women ....i tell you:)
Careful Scrutiny of this incredulous find revealed that people had already started registering for events as far out into 2009 as last week of January.
Hmm..talk about planning.
I'm scrambling for the year to not end ..and a whole bunch of people out there ALREADY know what dress they will be wearing for a party in late January.
Frankly - Its a great idea based on who you are.
I mean - if I were Jennifer Aniston - the last thing I would want is to show up at the Oscars wearing the same outfit as Angelina Jolie. It would be nothing short of a personal massacre for both parties involved, the press would have a field day .. and I (JA..just for the sake of this sentence) would be condemmned to a lifetime of workouts in the gym while She (AJ ..wow ..their initials are flip flopped ..just noticed) would be forced to evaluate laser surgery for tattoo removal after seeing how smooth my arms looked. Never mind.
So there is obviously a market for this website.
I logged off before I considered registering my slimming (seemingly I've been told) blue jeans for "Brunch at Pizza Hut on Saturday 27th Dec in Powai,Bombay"
But it got me thinking about this eternal love hate relationship we as humans have with being a part of the everyday magic and being uniquely different at the same time.
Its strange. This should be a black and white thing. Either we are like everyone else or we are different. Then why does it matter so much ?
Do the same rules apply to everybody ? or are we hell bent on beating this argument silly to a % point level ..
For example .. I am just like everyone else with a special gift for putting my foot in my mouth (80% like everyone .. 20% different)
Hmm...
Ofcourse there are people that will argue that "everbody has their own unique place in the worlds order" and to them I will say that "Heaven help those among us then that will spend their whole life just searching for this just one of its blessed kind special parking place"!
Its weird - you try soo hard to just fit in .. in high school... and then when you apply to B school ..the first question they will ask you is .."What makes you unique" ? ..and act surprised when your jaw drops in surprise ..
Its an urban legend of a personal order for me.
Sometimes its so upsetting to feel like you are just like everyone else ..and yet at other times there can be no greater crisis than feeling like you are so different compared to the world.
At the same time, sometimes two people can be similar .. but we can feel very differently about them. Or two situations .. but based on the time in our life .. we react in very different ways..
On this cloudy day in December, I have no answers.. only questions.
But the one thing that I can say is that regardless of what the outcome of this argument is .. Maggi Hot and Sweet Tomato Chilli Ketchup ..is really different.
And that is the only thing I can vouch for.

No comments: