About Me

My photo
Live it up Laugh it out Drink it down Life is short ! Have Fun !

Monday, December 17, 2007

15 Days

I'm not ready for the year to end.
Not this time. Not this year.
It seems more sudden..more drastic somehow.
I guess when I lived in the US - my weekly jaunts to Barnes and Noble somehow had me prepared from October when they would display calenders for the next year. Or Lotus Notes at work - counting down week after week.
Over here, light years away..its my facebook profile that brings me back to earth.
15 days. What will each one bring ?

Its funny how finite certain things in my life are. Like a wonderful phone conversation, a happy dinner, a warm mug of coffee, a sunset, a book...a year. And when they culminate - why is it that I view them as "endings" and as not "being complete".

There are some years that are slower than others.
Some that my seem more difficult.
Others than disappear in a jiffy while the few than linger much longer.
Years when the net sum is happiness and years that I wait to get rid off.

So now as 2007 takes on a life of its own and countsdown to a whispery end..I'm trying to repeat what I already know again and again inside my heart so that my head sees reason too ..
that all things happen only when they are meant to happen ..and regardless of what this year or the next year brings .. I've got to hold on.
Because Happy Endings dont happen in the middle of stories.
And I am in the middle.
Stuck in a moment.

3 comments:

Ravish said...

well said.

Cheers!!

Lakshmi said...

Reminds me of the line from OSO 'Picture abhi baaki hain!'... :)

RagzZmatazZ said...

..Picture abhi baaki hai mere dost !.... :)

Love and Wishes.