It was always a mystery to me why growing up ..birthday after birthday I gave and received pencils on birthdays. Natraj, HP, Camel and Apsara .
Today I read something that made it very clear.
There was a grandmom who was chatting with her grandson. She told him that when he grew up she wanted him to be like the pencil. She said there were 5 important things that anybody should learn from a pencil.
1. Its whats inside that counts. No matter whats on the outside - its the tough granite inside that matters.
2. There is always a hand that guides you no matter what you may write.
3. Good Pencils need to be sharpened. So when things are rough and times are tough - remember that a sharp pencil must go through pain to get there.
4. You can erase mistakes - no matter what anyone else says. Life is big on second chances.
5. Its important to leave a mark.
The utter simplicity of the thought floored me. Simple but Beautiful and so true.
So I leave you with that dear blogworld, and hope that you have a night as beautiful as mine on this moonless night in Mumbai when the skies are swollen with our love for life.

1 comment:
I like pencils. Hope the fish bowl you are in these days is treating you well.
-rm 334
Post a Comment